Sunday 12 August 2012

All Dogs Go to Heaven... ALL...



If you think life as a human is tough, think again...

Why does some have it even tougher?

Like stray dogs/cats for example...

Scavenging dumps for food, shooed by humans, getting ran over by motorists, dirty drain for water, cold rain water for shower...

Still, they treasure life and make the best of what they can.

Once saw 3 puppy strays playing with a twig by the roadside at Sungei Kadut industrial area with their mom watching intently from nearby.

I stopped and patted them letting them lick my fingers.
Mom came over and I patted her too.
Wanted to bring all of them home and provide them with a warm cosy environment.

But, how much can I actually save?
Countless of them out there...

Once, I was having an early breakfast at Punggol before heading to Punggol Marina for an offshore fishing trip with Freyson and Ping.
Spotted a pack of strays gathering under the MRT track on a grass patch.
Walked near to them and a couple of them snared at me growling.
I continued to walk towards the pack's centre and started distributing 30 hotdogs making sure every single one of them gets at least a couple. Patted all of them and rubbed their heads and necks.

Angry dogs instantly transformed into docile furballs...
My friends were amazed.
They initially thought that I would be eaten alive by those murderous wild dogs...

They might seem aggressive to many...
But in actual fact, they are just trying to protect themselves by gathering in numbers.
Protecting themselves by baring their teeth and aggressively growling trying to conceal their fear which they actually are feeling most of the time.

My Boy is fortunate indeed...
Borned with everything.
Soft cosy bed in air-conditioned room every night, countless chew toys, shelter, weekly shower, regular meals...

And my unconditional love and protection...

But he does not know that many of his kind are actually leading a much difficult life and dying alone out there.

Ignorance is blissful indeed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment