Tuesday 28 January 2014

Megabass Club (Singapore)


I was asked to head an upcoming local fishing club for the Megabass brand.
It is to be on the Facebook platform.

Part of the strategy to grow the Megabass brand locally I guess...

That's strange...
Why me?

Considering that I'm extremely low profile when it comes to this passion of mine, it's weird that I'm approached instead of all those 'famous' names out there.

To be frank, heading and maintaining such a group is a rather tiring and tedious chore.
A major test of my patience if I were to accept this task.

And things will get worse as it grows over time with all those 'fishing politics' out there...

Who created all those politics you might ask.

Who else? lol

Kids hungry for fame.
Self-righteous childish 'adults'.
Jealous small people.
Fanboys from other brands.

To steer myself clear from all these nonsense, I avoid fishing with locals especially young kids.
Fell out with one, distanced myself from another.

Lack of fishing buddies doesn't bother me at all.
Not a single bit.
I am one who can go fishing alone on a regular basis.

That's how I remained under the radar where almost no one knows about my existence.
All they know is the lonely guy deep in the forest with a red baitcaster and a green rod.

Those who managed to find my facebook profile, friend requests will be ignored and fishing photos are all limited for viewing to my friends only.

So far, I have only added 1 fellow angler who saw me walking alone to one of the spots.
We hit it off quite well but have never wet lines before.


Agreeing to head the club means exposing myself to a certain extent.

Something which I have been avoiding all along.

Also, it will seem to the unknowing like I'm affiliated to a certain self-righteous angling group.

On the other hand, I'm a fan of Megabass baitcasters and hard-bodied lures.
I will be honored to contribute to it's growth in Stinkapore.




I wisely declined.





No comments:

Post a Comment