Saturday 6 October 2012

Blessing in Disguise??

Went Upper Pierce Reservoir this early morning.

This illegal spot was introduced to me by Dexter about 2 years ago.
I can still remember that he specifically told me that if I were to fish here, I must leave before 8am because that's the time when the PUB officers will come and catch anglers fishing illegally.

I arrived at 5.15am and this is what I saw at the entrace along Old Upper Thomson Road:





One of the countless stupid regulations made by those PUB idiots again...

What am I supposed to do in the middle of nowhere surrounded by trees and more trees in this eerie atmosphere?!

Wait lor what else...
Smoked, whipped out my new iPhone and played some games.
Smoked, read some new facebook entries.
Smoked, posted a comment on Pearl's facebook wall.
Smoked, played more games.

Smoked and smoked and smoked...

6.05am.
Went back to the gate and it's finally opened.

Relying on memories, I made my way to the spot.




Reached.
Started casting.
3 men came out of nowhere.

One of them took out a camera and took a picture of me from a distance.

They approached and declared their identity.
PUB bastards...

Why are they bastards? They're just doing their job right?

That's because you haven't seen the way they flaunt their authority before.
PUB kah kia acting like they are some sort of high ranking army officer or some police special agent.

Fuck you, PUB...
Educate your staff on basic manners before you start your pathetic attempt on educating folks like us on why fishing is bad for our reservoirs blah blah blah.

All bullshit...
Fucking rotting corpses are found at Bedok reservoir and you people can claim that the water is still safe for consumption.

Anglers luring for fish using artificial lures, you fucking accuse us of polluting our country's drinking water.


3 officers to nab me.
They must be scared now that news of 2 PUB officers are beaten up by anglers at Neo Tiew spot are spreading like wildfire among the luring community.

They took my particulars.
I left.
Met a group of uncles with fly fishing gear on my way out and I told them to drop the idea of going in today.
All U-turned.

I switched spot back to my trusty home ground, Mandai.

Cast and cast.
No fish...
Cast and cast again...
Still nothing...

Is it that this NRX is cursed that's why I kena PUB just now?
Is it that this NRX is cursed that's why nothing bites now?
Is it that this NRX is cursed that's why the previous owner sold it after his first usage?

A sudden forceful pull...
I set the hook...

FISH ON!

Landed it after awhile of the usual mad dashing and wild shakes.



60cm @ 8lbs
What a fatty!

Released
A kind chap took this photo for me


Got me my biggest and heaviest temensis to date!
The NRX is 500 dollars well spent!

Rod's sensitivity is insane.
With a fish at the end of the line, this rod transferred every single movement the fish makes back to my hand.



Went back home to Ling a happy man...



No comments:

Post a Comment