Sunday 7 October 2012

Day of Snakeheads!


Woke up 4.30am.
Reached Mandai at 6am.

A total of 3 giant snakeheads were caught.
All decently sized!

Let the pics do the talking:

First one

Second one

Third one
Still clamping down hard on my lure

Caught these 2 small temmies as well

Guess who I met?

Mr 'Hook Finger'...
His name is Derek and his finger healed.

He helped me took a picture before I released the fish back into the water...





Derek is surprised that I caught not 1 but 3 giant snakeheads this morning.
He wants to meet me next Sunday and we exchanged numbers.

This time round, he brought his pliers. lol
Lesson learned.
No more heroic japanese style of unhooking with barehands now, he said. 

NRX is truly in a class of it's own...
It's not the ability to land big fishes.
It's the ability to transmit every single vibe at the end of the line back to the angler that is astounding... 

Although 6' 8" is a tad too long for a luring rod, I got used to the extra inches pretty fast.

Sensitivity level beats all the other rods that I have at home hands down... 


Went back home to Ling a happy man...




These 2 lures are actually both the same.
I bought 2 of them.

After the 3 giant snakeheads, look at what it became.
Bite and hook marks all over...  
Original hooks are long gone and replaced with Gamakatsu.

This shows how toothy and aggressive those giant snakeheads are......

Scared.....

2 comments:

  1. haha seriously have no clue on ur fishing posts on what u are talking abt..just admiring your big fishes and they look the same to me wahahahhahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo see that you have put your new rod to the test! Heehee. And fierce sia... The snakeheads!

    ReplyDelete