Monday 12 August 2013

Long Holidays

Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday!

Super long weekend due to Hari Raya and National day.
This doesn't come by often.

Spent Thursday morning with Ling, Kann and Kico, Maricar going to the pool at Roxy Hotel.

Too bad I can't swim, otherwise will join them.
Also, I don't think it's good for the kids to see my tattoos.

Sat by the poolside while they're having fun.

Ling instigated Kiki to blast me with a water cannon.

And failed miserably... lol


##################################


Friday morning, went to Spot Mozzy.
Also the start of chinese seventh month.

ZH overslept.
Made me wait for half and hour...

No sign of any paranormal activity.
Snapped this passing spider while I strolled the area in the dark, quiet and cold morning killing time.




We trekked in after he arrived and very soon, he got a bit from the tributary:

Giant Snakehead @ 6.5lbs
On Jackall Mickey 140

Fish was caught using his newly purchased Jackall Mikey 140.

One of the trebles was totally mangled, another one nearly dislodge one of the snakehead's eye.
It's lucky that the rest held on and we managed to land the fish despite it's tightly shut jaws.

I continued casting out into the open waters trying all those new lures that I purchased recently.

Deps Buzzjet, Jackall Mikey, Daiwa Morethan Scouter.

Not much luck with the Mikey despite it's enchanting sub-surface swimming action...
Switched to the Scouter and 'walked' it slowly with pauses. 

Awhile later, I saw a splash where my lure was and the line started tugging.

Striked immediately and after some headshakes, it suddenly went 'dead'!
No more struggles and pull...

I then reeled back my line slowly.
Strangely, there's still weight at the end of my line.
Must have hooked onto some trash or branch at the river bed, I thought... 

When nearing, I saw the fish.
It had allowed itself to be towed back slowly without putting up any fight at all!
Strange... First time I've encountered such peaceful reaction from a hooked snakehead...

However, once retrieved near enough for it to see my silhouette, it instantly transformed into a wild thing again.

Dashed, shook, thrashed.
There's was once it even jumped cleanly out of the water surface attempting to throw my hook!

Missed the photo opportunity of it's spectacular leap...

Cigar smoking snakehead

Giant Snakehead 6.5lbs @ 65cm

As always, the fishes were returned safely back into the water.



No more action after this and we returned to civilisation...





2 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with the kids being exposed to tattoos. it may just make them wanna get one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speaking of which, do you remember Colin's facial expression when he saw a neighbour's heavily tattooed leg?

      Hilarious. lol

      Delete