Saturday 22 February 2014

A Change...


I was offered a position in another company late last year. 

A different position but in the same trade.
More of an outdoor kind. 

After some intel gathering from friends in the same line of work, the reviews I received about the new company were positive. 

Good boss with a few main accounts namely Uniqlo, 鼎泰峰, FOX, JEM Mall, Paragon, Clementi Mall, Ikea, etc. 

Mainly Wing Tai's group of brands from the looks of it...

And so, I went for an interview during December last year and it all went very well. 

Environment is good, boss has no airs, much better salary package. 



Downside is, I'm stuck with a stupid assistant...

Yes. Stupid. Literally.  
Not an insult but the 'got-brains-but-don't-use' kind of stupid. 

Been starting to scold him these past few days whenever he makes stupid mistakes.  

Feels kinda weird and arrogant when I'm just a newbie...

Moreover, he is my new boss' cousin. 

Been tolerating until my new boss gave me absolute authority over all installation matters. 
That's when the scolding starts.

I will never allow anyone to spoil my works.
When it comes to work, I'm an absolute perfectionist. 

And so, the scoldings shall continue to stimulate his rotting brain cells until the day when he decides to utilise them. 



Anyway, I resigned from my previous company and joined the new one commencing on 10th February 2014. 

Previous boss counter-offered in a bid to retain my employment but I declined.

Sometimes, it isn't all about the money...
Mainly but not all...



Been working late most days. 

Clocked almost 40 hours of overtime in less than a fortnight...

Good thing is, boss is paying me overtime with double pay on weekends. 

The thing about doing projects for retail accounts is that most works are only allowed to commence after 10pm when the mall is closed. 

I have no qualms about this as I'm paid overtime accordingly from 6pm to 10pm while waiting at office for the mall's closing. 

A totally different working schedule compared to my previous company. 

Much more busier as well with hardly any time to slack. 

Still getting used to the late nights. 
Not just physically exhausting, I miss my furry boy and girl at times too. 

Used to go home punctually at 6pm, dinner and watch TV with them...



As for my fishing, nothing's changed. 

Still wetting my lines on every Sunday morning provided that there's no work on Saturday nights. 



All in all, this change of environment is good. 

Fatter paycheck, better benefits, more exposure. 

Most importantly, my works and talents are better appreciated...

They seemed impressed by the quality of my workmanship. 

Projects which are sub-contracted out previously are passed to me instead. 











Downside is the increased risks. 

More prone to accidents if not careful enough. 

But sometimes when speed and deadline is a concern, one couldn't care much for safety...



And did I mention smoking is allowed everywhere in my new air-conditioned workplace?







It's going to be much more difficult to quit those cancer sticks...





No comments:

Post a Comment