Saturday 15 February 2014

Twice The Fun


Shawn planned a session for 2 spots this morning.
2 different spots for 2 different species.

We headed off for Spot Mars before daybreak for some first light action.

Once in, we went different ways hunting for giant snakeheads.
Far away but within sight of each other.

A friend of mine gave me a Megabass Zonk Gataride Hi-Pitch to try it out.

Was casting it repeatedly towards the edge of some vegetation at the tributary.

Got a take after some time :



A small giant snakehead attacked my lure which is almost half it's length.

After I released the young one, I continued casting in all directions but to no avail.

Suddenly, Shawn shouted for me from where he was pretty far away.
I saw his rod bending and he was franctically gesturing something to me.

He caught one and was fighting it.

I immediately retrieved my line and ran to him amidst the thick undergrowth.

Reached him and proceeded to help him land his catch while still catching my breath.




A nice 7.5lb specimen.

Shawn's first decently sized snakehead successfully landed at this spot.
He was elated. 

Took a short release video for him as well:




Like I said, he was elated.  lol

In fact, after that fish, Shawn went on a roll and caught 2 more in a short time span:




On the other hand, things didn't turn out as good for me.

Seems like my angling luck ran out after my New Year Day's monster...

We then headed to Spot Roxy for some temensis fun.

This time round, we trekked much deeper inside to another tributary.

Shawn caught one shortly after we started casting:



I caught one as well.








Till next time...






No comments:

Post a Comment