Sunday 30 March 2014

Haruan's Paradise


Planned to visit Spot Mozzy for some giant snakehead action this morning. 

Hasn't went there for months.

To my surprise, I was caught in a traffic jam at 6am in the morning. 

Hordes of cars and people were making their way to Lim Chu Kang Cemetary to pay respect to their ancestors as it's the first Sunday of Chinese tomb sweeping month. 

Jammed for an hour in the standstill traffic extending all the way back to PIE's exit ramp. 

Reached Mozzy's gate after first light and noticed a number of cars parked outside.

Started trekking in without much thought. 


Light mist hanging on the treetops.

A landing net that I had hidden was gone...
Very much expected anyway.

When I emerged from the vegetation to the fishing spot, I was surprised to see a total of 7 anglers there.
All unfamiliar faces.

After months of absence from Mozzy, seems like it somehow turned into a pasar malam spot.

Decided against the idea of crowding with those people and trekked back out.

Went to explore another nearby location and this is what I stumbled upon:

A stagnant lake in the middle of no man's land.

This lake was not listed on Google maps.
It's a stroke of luck to stumble blindly upon it.

I couldn't resist the temptation and tried to find a way down to the lake.

There was none. 
It's an untouched spot...

Made my way down the steep slope slowly.
I started casting a wooden frog as there were many submerged fallen trees and weeds. 

This is what I caught on my first cast:



And subsequent ones:




There were countless misses on the wooden frog lure. 

This remote lake is teeming with Haruans!

They are also known as 'Local Snakeheads' due to the fact that unlike the Giant Snakeheads which are introduced, they are native to our country.
Both of them are from the same species family though.

No sign of any other species...

There were occasions when I noticed them dashing out from cover to hit my lure. 

Starving and angry haruans indeed...
My first catch on a frog lure. 

After a short session of fun, I headed for home. 

The massive jam got worse:





No comments:

Post a Comment