Saturday 29 March 2014

Megabass IS79 Ultimate Competition Limited


Not just an ordinary Megabass IS79UC...

It's the 'Red Clutch Edition' which is released only in right hand cranking models. 

This particular edition is only available in Japan with only 100 pieces ever produced back in 2012.

I'm extremely lucky to be able to get my hands on a brand new piece. 
Much likely the very last one available for purchase...

Strictly for freshwater application only.

Enough of the onlys.  lol


Specs:
Weight - 169 grams
Drag - 4kg
Bearings - 11+1
Gear Ratio - 7.9 : 1
Line per turn - 84cm
Brakes - Magnetic


This is the second low profile baitcasting reel I've got after much consideration.

Sold my first one years ago.
Daiwa Alphas R-Edition.

Doesn't seem to be able to palm well with low profile BC reels...

Ever since then, I have been using round profile drum reels which are extremely robust but at the expense of a heavier overall weight.

Hope this one fits better in my hand...
It will be a major shame if such an incredibly smooth and fast reel turns out to fail me ergonomically...



Photos speak a thousand words:










As expected, original spool weighs a disappointing >15grams.
Replacing it is part of the plan.


In the midst of getting a lower poundage setup for some fishing fun on lighter lures.

Much thought and testing have been done before I decided on this new setup.

I'm confident that it will fish like a dream when everything is completed.

Some performance dressup parts are on the way.




The price to pay for exclusivity...

Can't wait...





No comments:

Post a Comment