Sunday 14 July 2013

Hedgehog Studio AIR Micro Ceramic Bearing


Been contemplating to get a set of Hedgehog Studio AIR bearings for my Ryoga 1016H.
Their new range of bearings are considered a breakthrough from conventional ceramic bearing.

It's the new 'Micro Ceramic Ball Bearing':


This set of bearings will cost me USD 43 inclusive of shipping fees from Japan.

I have been hesitating as my Ryoga's bearings has already been upgraded to TG Rocket Ceramic Bearings which are ABEC7 rated.

Seriously, how much better will the new micro bearings be?
Hedgehog Studio claimed to be able to exceed ABEC9 standards but since it's not America ABEC tested the micro bearings do not carry any ABEC tag.

Thinking, thinking, thinking...

Combing the web for reviews until I found out that a local tackle shop carries them. 

Happens that one of my friend William is currently working in Catchbay

Asked him and turns out that they're selling it cheaper at SGD 45. 

USD 43 (3 days) versus SGD 45 (cash & carry)
It's a no brainer.

Went there asap to grab a set:



Reached home, proceeded to install the new micro bearings:

TG Rocket (left)
Hedgehog Studio AIR (right)

As you can see from the photo above, the ball bearings are really small. 

Small enough for me to have doubts on their claim that it can withstand casting lures up to 28grams...

Well, comes this weekend, it'll be put to the test. 

At the most, I'll switch back to the TG Rocket Ceramics if the new bearings turns out to just some marketing hype.
Sell it off on forum to some kids.




After all, it's free.

Yes, you heard me right.

It's FREE!

In a sense...



On top of it, I gained an extra $5.   lol

Never noticed it while reverse parking when I came back home after buying the micro bearings.
Until I stepped out.

Must have dropped off someone's pocket while getting on his/her car.

Looked around and saw no one else in the carpark.

Finders keepers I guess...



What luck!






No comments:

Post a Comment