Monday 22 July 2013

Review: SV1000 Spool + H.Studio AIR Bearings




Just look at the amazingly smooth AIR bearings in the above video of my reel.
Feels like it can spin for an eternity.

Went to spot Mozzy with ZH yesterday first light to test it out.

Casting distance increased by around 10% with tossing big lures close to 1 ounce.
Smoothness is incredible!

Beats my previous TG Rocket Bearings hands down!

This combination of SV1000 spool and Hedgehog Studio's AIR bearings is perfect!

During casting, noise from the bearings is almost non-existant unlike the noisy Rockets.

Initial spin accelerates much much faster too which explains the slightly further casting.

Tossing half ounce lures proves to be outstanding as well.

Was enjoying every cast yesterday!  lol


####################################

Lost a take with my Deps Basirisky Frog to a goalkeeper toman.

I've always been very unlucky with weedless frogs.
Never once have I gotten a solid hookup from these darn things!

Although frogs trigger snakehead strikes easily and there's no fear of snag in weedy areas, hookup rate is low due to the weedless placement of it's hook.

Or maybe it's just me... 

Got a bite from the tributary again.
Spot casted towards a gentle swirl and the take was almost immediate.

It's a violent one with about 5 mad dashes, all of which peels line on my tight drag setting.
Headshakes non-stop throughout.



My expression shows a hard time subduing this wild thing.

Luckily, one of the 3 trebles was firmly set into the snakehead's upper jaw.

When the fight was over, ZH helped to hold onto my rod while I boga'ed the mad toman, lifted it up from the water onto terra firma.



Fantastic coloration!
Giant Snakehead 8lbs @ 75cm

Almost lost a lure yesterday if not for ZH.

Didn't notice that my line had dug into the spool during the crazy fight with the snakehead.
My braided line snapped with the lure still in mid-air flight.

ZH managed to snag my lure's loose line before it sinks into the depth and reeled it back slowly.

Saved some bucks for me... Thanks!

Spent the next 10 minutes retying my fluorocarbon leader again.
Something which I absolutely hates doing while out on field...

No action for the next hour, we decided to wrap it up and go home...

Can feel that Spot Mozzy's bite rate has been deteriorating due to the netting activities by those fucking foreign workers...


##############################


Had dinner with Bak Tiong's family at Telok Blangah Heights.

He suggested me learning mahjong as I seemed to be the only one in the entire world who doesn't know how to play. 

Since he recently shifted to just blocks away from my home, we went to his house after dinner.



Not addictive enough for me.

Good way to kill time with close ones though...
Ling loves mahjong.


##################################


A couple of things arrived from Japan to my work address just now:

Hedgehog Studio's Alchemy Bearing Oil (Ultra Light)

Daiwa T3 MX 1016XHL

The Alchemy oil is for my reel's spool bearings.

The new reel belongs to my colleague whom I have recently succeeded poisoning with the fishing disease.
He has been fishing in paid ponds lately.

Got him to make the switch to baitcasting from spinning as well.

hehehehe.......

He bought the T3 MX under my persistent recommendation.
An excellent performing mid-range reel, imho...


As for me, I'm stuck with my fully tuned Ryoga until something better comes along...





No comments:

Post a Comment