Monday 9 September 2013

7/8 September Weekend Fishing


Went a yet-to-be introduced spot on Saturday's first light.

Spot shall be christened as GOLDIE from now on.

Only 1 Cichla Temensis landed with my topwater IMA Popkey.

A few misses on my minnows.



Line snapped 5 times while I was there! 

Everytime it snapped, I had to tie on a large lure (Scouter) and snag the lost floating lure back.
Everytime it snapped, I had to redo the FG Knot which takes about 10 minutes each time.

Anyway, the FG is also known as Fucking Good knot which explains the tedious effort to tie...
Those tiny recoil guides on my NRX simply doesn't accept other knots which are thicker.


Stupid line going to where it should belong.

Trashed the entire spool of relatively new Berkley's Whiplash Crystal into the bin when I got home.

Cleaned my reel and spooled on fresh braided line.

Guess what?
Sufix 832 regained the top spot of my list.  lol
I shall not be easily tempted by those cheaper lines again.

Sometimes, one really has to believe that good things does not come cheap...


##########################################


Had a very late night on Saturday and was planning to skip fishing on Sunday morning.

But when I woke up at 5am naturally without the assistance of alarm clock, it's pretty hard to fall back to sleep again with thoughts of fishing swirling around in my mind.

Showered, changed and left home.

Was drizzling when I was walking to the carpark.
While on my way there, the rain got heavier...

Hoping that the merciless rain will stop soon, I started to have second thoughts about pushing on...





When I reached, the rain slowed back to a drizzle but the sky remains a threatening crimson.

Heck, since I'm already here, might as well go in and leave the rest to nature.

Walked in at a leisure pace, took some photos of the menacing sky:




Mud everywhere, water everywhere.




Started casting and after a while, the rain and wind picked up.

Never had any luck fishing in the rain before.
To begin with, didn't expect much from the moment I walked out my main door.

True enough, all I got was this in the rather heavy rain:



Trekked back out in the heavy rain. 
Drove slowly back home.






On a side note, modification to my SV Spool worked flawlessly.

Casting the light Popkey into the far distant is a breeze now. 






No comments:

Post a Comment