Monday 16 September 2013

Dentistry: Profession for the Sadists


There are professions in the world that puts one in a position to inflict immense pain upon others without getting themselves judged:

1) Tattoo Artist
2) Surgeon
3) Prison Rotan Executor
4) Death-Row Executioner 
5) Thai Masseuse
6) Foot Reflexologist 
7) Girlfriend
8) Wife
9) Mother-in-Law

*List is not comprehensive nor exhaustive.


BUT!
The most sadistic of all should be awarded to dentists.

They're the ones who are really twisted in the mind...

Charging an exorbitant amount of money for a sadistic job which requires less than an hour to complete.



For my entire life, I've always been avoiding these devils unless really necessary.

If you guys can recall, back in our primary school days, there's always an in-house dentist who will summon those poor kids randomly for a torture session in their human-experimental labs in school.

Still remembered I got the ticket twice and on each time, I will hide myself in the toilet after being called.

Strangely, on both occasions, no manhunt was initiated and I'm able to return to class after a short while of hiding where everyone thought that I had actually went.

Maybe the dentist had assumed that I was not in school that day and didn't pursue further due to the large amount of lab rats available in Keng Seng Primary School. I don't know?



Next came Outram...

No such torture chambers in secondary schools.

I was wrong...

It actually turned mobile!


There's those buses with deceivingly cute cartoon tooth livery which travels to various secondary schools one at a time with devils disguised like angels in white uniforms as it's minions.
They will park somewhere in a corner, make themselves comfortable and start their sick summoning process all over again.

Those evil beings...
Never letting me go even after I entered my teens...

Of the 4 years in Outram, I was called up once.

When the previous victim turned up at my classroom announcing my name, strangely, I was not afraid.
Didn't feel any slightest hint of fear at all even though everyone was looking at me.
I can actually sense sympathy in those eyes.

In fact, I calmly wore my shoes, walked out of the classroom, passed the devil's bus in the middle of the carpark, through the school's main gate, walked to the bus stop with a Marlboro between my fingers and took a bus ride home.

Didn't went to school for the next 2 days.

When I returned, the bus had already went for it's next destination.

A place where fresh meats are waiting to be slaughtered...



After I entered the workforce, there was once where my gums started bleeding.
It bled for more than a month worsening with each passing day.

I could taste blood all the time, felt stinging pain every second while I'm awake.

Blood was literally oozing out of my swollen dark red gums every single second.

There was once when I was talking to my now ex-boss when blood trickled down my chin unknowingly.

He made an urgent appointment with his regular dentist at Jalan Sultan and shooed me into the devil's lair.



What came next can be described as the most nightmarish event of my life...

The dentist explained that I got a very bad gum infection due to excessive calculus buildup.
She needs to perform a sadistic procedure on me known as 'Tooth Scaling'.

No choice...

For the next agonizing hour, the she-devil proceeded to insert numerous foreign objects into my mouth forcing me to watch the entire process while she dug, scrapped, chiseled at my teeth's roots rubbing against my painful gums inducing more blood. How sick is that?

I swore that she was smiling underneath that mask of hers, savouring every moment of my torture...

After for what seemed to be an eternity, the torture ended and the she-devil told me that she could not proceed with the second stage due to my excessive bleeding.

She's having a hard time toying with my teeth with my blood getting in the way, blocking her vision.
Even her suction apparatus was no match for my obscene amount of blood.   lol

She gave me a later date to come back for the second stage of polishing.

I left the clinic without turning back and threw away the appointment card into the bin.



######################################


This morning, I woke up feeling pain from my wisdom tooth located deep inside my lower right jaw.

In the past, it had given me some discomfort before but often mild which went away after a few days.

This time however, I knew that it's different...

The pain was unbearable and it got worse after I reached my workplace.
Giving me headaches as well.

I'm unable to swallow any of my saliva due to my swollen gum and throat.
Even my handsome face was swelling up.

Dragged myself to a dentist nearby where he proceeded to poke at my swollen gum around my wisdom tooth's area.
Pressing forcefully at different spots, he will ask: 'Here pain or not?'

KNN... OF COURSE FUCKING PAIN LAR!!! 
THAT'S PRECISELY THE AREA WHICH IS BLOODY SWOLLEN RIGHT?! 
YOU FUCKING BLIND AR!

Of course, I didn't said the above words for fear of incurring the devil's wrath...
He might take revenge later...
So angry...

Took X-ray, devil proposed to surgically extract the affected wisdom tooth and extract another one located directly located just above it to totally eradicate the problem permanently.

But there's a catch...
My gums were already infected and swollen.
If I were to proceed with the surgery, the recovering process is going to take longer and more uncomfortable than usual.
Also, there's a risk of worsening the infection after surgery.

Told him that I needed some time to seriously think about this life or death situation...

Walked out the clinic, took out my Marlboro and called Ling.
In short, Ling wants me to submit myself to the devil...

Hung up, finish my ciggy, lit another one, finished it as well, went back in and bravely told the dentist to go ahead and murder me.

Go ahead and proceed ONLY with the one affected tooth.


1 hour non-stop. 
I was masked this time, mercifully...
Spared the sight of myself being mutilated...

He tugged and pulled at my tooth after sawing it into sections.

With every successful tug, I could feel the 'Craaccckkk' vibrating through my jaws.

Stitched up the wound and it's over...




Went home, spat out the bloody cotton, showered, brushed my poor dismembered tooth and left it to dry.

Noticed that abit of flesh is still attached to it...
Yummy......

Went to sleep hugging Boy.

Woke up hours later and proceeded to reconstruct what's left of my poor tooth:



Pretty good job restoring it even though some parts are missing. I would say.

Medical leave of 8 days given along with a bill of almost a thousand dollars...







Best thing is... 
There's still 3 wisdom tooth waiting...

I'll rather kill myself next time...







2 comments:

  1. *once i had a freaking painful root canal thingy rotten painful and was dying from the pain but i endured till dawn and went to my ex-dentist who turned me away because i didn't have an appointment. so much so for going to him for seven freaking years.

    *the last root canal i had with crowning etc cost a whooping 1.6K... plus whatever shit but i would rather have the crown done than having my pearls move (gap), cos only Madonna could pull that look off. (KC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My root canal was $2k odd and was extract years later okie!

    I cried after consulted the 2nd dentist when he said neeed to extract and that it's a rare case, as the root is stil clean from nerve and nots, and that the crown was nicely done and still nice.

    I cried for they need to extract the $2k+ tooth lo!

    ReplyDelete