Saturday 28 September 2013

Banana is Good?


Was downed with flu.

Despite feeling unwell, went Spot Banana this morning.
Missed the golden first light due to some unexpected delays...

Using a smaller lure to target those temensis, I set my drag looser than usual.

This is because if heavier/stronger trebles were used on such smaller lures, it will severely hinder or totally eliminate it's swimming action as well as buoyancy.

After some time of casting without any results, I went deeper into the vegetation and resume casting at the exact same spot where I caught a monitor lizard some time back.

Suddenly, I felt a violent take and set my hook immediately.

At one point, I almost lost the fish as it pulled easily under my light drag setting.
It dashed for cover on my far right.

When I lost sight of the fish which is blocked by vegetation on my right, I kept the line tight without retrieving for fear of breaking my main line due to abrasion from the branches.

Luckily, the toman got pissed by the constant tension and struggled itself out of the bush.

I immediately thumbed my spool hard and steered the fish away from those snags.

Can't worry about straightening those thin treble hooks at that time.
It's a do or die situation.

The toman was subdued after many wild dashes.

67cm Giant Snakehead aka Toman
Lure: Duel Hardcore Lipless Minnow 120F
Leech!
I absolutely hate these suckers!
Almost 8lbs
Healthy coloration and perfect undamaged fins


Going back to where it rightfully belongs

After releasing the toman, spent abit of time replacing the bent trebles on the lure.

Resumed casting and got myself two other temensis:

Duel Hardcore Lipless Minnow 120F
Ima Sasuke 140F


Went home after the short but fruitful session...


Decided to watermark my photos after some friends discovered my photos being hijacked by someone else in a closed facebook group of Malaysian anglers.
Even though my blog is currently only known to a handful, it is not locked.

I have absolutely no idea where that thief got my photos from.
Facebook? Whatsapp? Line? Forum?

That fella cropped or mosaic away my rod/reel and claimed those snakeheads as his own catches.

Became mute and disappeared into thin air after my friends exposed his shameful act.
Friends whom I have never even met before, almost all of them residing in Malaysia.

Thanks guys!




Flu got worse...






No comments:

Post a Comment