Sunday 13 July 2014

Old Spot Christened


A few years ago, I found a lake somewhere.

Caught nothing but saw many small peacock basses about 3-4 inches long.

Jason had asked to join me this morning expressing interest to revisit this spot again.
Seems like he went there years before but also never returned due to the lack of fishes at the lake.

We met up for breakfast this morning and headed to the lake.

After some time of trekking, we reached the first water body and tried.

Got this small peacock bass on rubber:



This has got to be the smallest catch in my entire fishing experience...
lol

Water was deep.
Estimated at least 5 meters just at the edge of my casting distance and that is not even halfway across the lake!

After some time of zero action after my first small catch, we trekked to another nearby lake.

Very soon after we reached, a large school of toman fries were spotted.
Both parents were present and they are HUGE black specimens.

This got both me and Jason all excited and we started casting all sorts of plastics towards it.
Even chased it to the other hole.

I had never expected to find tomans here and had brought along lures meant for peacock basses. 

No takes...

After they swam deep into the vegetation, Jason and I trekked to the other side and found a creepy looking structure:



There were no coffins or corpses inside but I think it is suppose to keep the water level in that lake at a certain limit to prevent the banks from flooding.

I tested the depth of the drop-off right in front of me and it was deep.

Skipped my rubber lure across the surface to beneath an overhanging tree, got a take.

Seconds into the fight, I lost it.   :(

Continued skipping back to the same spot but nothing came.

We chatted and suddenly, a ball of fiery red toman fries appeared out from nowhere to right in front of us.

It's a different school from the previous one and it's parents were also massive!
This time, they're both in watermelon coloration.

After a few casts, they swam away out of our casting distance into heavy cover in good speed.
We could only managed less than 5 casts each.

Seriously spooked them...   lol

Left for home around noon and while trekking back out, saw a few Indian baiters at the first hole where I caught the smallie.






Will be back again to catch those massive tomans.

Next time round, I'll have something ready for them. 

I'm pretty sure my fast sinking pencils are buried somewhere deep inside my storeroom...

Spot shall be christened:  Rambutan







#####################################






And here I am, finishing up on 3 blog entries and publishing them all at once.

Work have been kind of hard on me lately.

Money is good but at much expense of my health and time with loved ones.
Humans or animal alike. 

BoyBoy has been missing me much...

Need to catch up on some much needed rest...








Hope Germany wins tonight.

Not a soccer fan but I like their jersey.  lol






No comments:

Post a Comment