Monday 28 July 2014

Poissons de Louis Vuitton


Marina Bay Sands.

Went there a few times.
Always thought of what kind of fish lurks beneath the waters.

Was asked to tag along by Jason and his friend this morning.

Although I don't really like the idea of urban fishing, my curiosity won and I went anyway.

Reached there at about 11pm and started casting right next to the Louis Vuitton Flagship store.

There were many onlookers, mostly foreign tourists.

Water is deep at >5m!
Snags are aplenty.

Hopped my rubber along the bottom and got a few fishes.

All were lost while lifting them up onto the railings.

Well, except for one:



This fat small hybrid peacock bass attracted attention of many passerbys.

I quickly removed the hook and drop it back into the water after the photo was taken.

Like the previous one caught by Jason, it remained floated belly up on the surface.

I can only think of 1 reason why.

When a small fish is winched fast up to the surface from such depth, the rapid change in water pressure messed up it's buoyancy. 
In the process, ambient air found it's way into the guts and the poor fish can't swim upright thus, crippling it.

I left shortly after while Jason and his friend made their way to the opposite Fullerton Hotel's side to try their luck.

No more mood to fish there anymore...








First time I killed a fish.
Albeit unintentionally, it still doesn't feel good...

All the unwanted attention from strangers...

Shall never fish there again in future.







No comments:

Post a Comment