Tuesday 22 October 2013

New Evergreen Fishing Shoulder Bag


Last Tuesday morning, I went fishing.

Halfway through, caught in the middle of a very heavy downpour. 
Stopped for awhile and rained again.
Much more heavier the second time round. 

Was drenched while casting in the thunderstorm. 
Kept my phone in my fishing bag to protect it from the merciless rain. 

Went home, opened up my bag to discover everything wet.
Phone, flashlight, hat, everything...

I've used this Versus bag for years. 
Liked it alot. 
Just enough rooms and compartments to suit my needs. 
Easily accessible too. 

It eventually got worn and the waterproofing layer inside started to disintegrate.




Only after that very wet morning then I realised the extent of it's damage. 

Went to a tackle shop nearby and checked out a new one that I have been eyeing for some time. 



As with all things from Evergreen, this bag is not exactly cheap. 

Been putting it off because I thought that my trusty old Versus was still serving me well. 

I was wrong. 

Not only the waterproofing layer is torn, the entire bag's exterior especially it's back and base are starting to show serious signs of abrasion.

Ling decided to buy it for me since I couldn't make up my mind. 

Partly because it's hard for me put away my old Versus bag. 
It accompanied me to countless remote places, witnessing many happy and dangerous moments. 





Shall continue keeping it as a memento...




##############################################


Used the new bag on my last session last Sunday.
It's worth the money indeed.

Much lesser fatigue after long period of carrying.
Credits to the thick cushion paddings.

The way it slings on my shoulder makes it feel lighter even though the things I carried is the same as I did with my old Versus.

Small pouch in the front of the strap fits my iPhone snugly.
Side pouch just nice enough for my camera and small flashlight.

I removed another larger side pouch and strapped on my pliers sheath instead.

As before, I like to hang my boga outside for easy accessibility when needed. 

Only gripe I have with this bag is the size of it's main compartment.
Only wide enough to fit my lure box, nothing else.

It even sports a hard base inside.






Thank you Ling for this wonderful present!





No comments:

Post a Comment