Tuesday 29 October 2013

Sneak Peek?


Megabass LIN10 MARS...

Very high likelihood to be the successor for my Ryoga 1016H.
Not a sure thing but there is this possibility that I might go crazy one day and go buy it.

A premium limited reel from Megabass Japan.
Developed based on the Ryoga platform.

Here are it's specs:

■ Bearings: 12BB, 1RB
■ Gear Ratio: 5.5:1
■ Line / Handle Turn: 58cm
■ Line Cap: 14lb./114m, 16lb./100m
■ Weight: 242g
■ Max Drag: 6.0kg


Compared to my Ryoga 1016H, it has a more powerful gear but the trade-off for such power is a slower speed per crank turn (9cm lesser).
A kilogram more drag which I suspected is due to a larger diameter main gear which also serves as the drag housing.
13 grams lighter in overall weight compared to the Ryoga 1016H.

This stunning reel was only released in June this year.
Just about the time when I have been contemplating to replace my reel.

Not that the Ryoga is not good.
I have been using it for quite awhile now, natural to seek something better.

And it's very rare that I will set my eyes on new reel or rod.

There was once when my previous Ryoga 1016H gave up on me.
I went and purchased a new reel.
A new Ryoga 1016H. Again.

Just feel that it's time for a change but nothing seems suitable as I prefer round profile reels.
Shitmano is out of the question.

Until I met this red reel by Megabass...
It's basically a super-tuned Ryoga 1016 with weight reduction, cosmetic enhancement and god knows what other tweaks inside.

Every single piece has it's own unique serial number in it's limited run.

Hefty 4 digits price tag...

Coincidentally, the LIN10 MARS is only produced in right hand crank models.

Most anglers out there are right handed, using left hand crank baitcasting reels.
I'm one of those rare oddballs out there who has a right master-hand but using a right hand crank reel.

This factor put it out of the window for 95% of baitcasting reel anglers out there.

As for me, it's a match made in heaven...






Megabass's founder Mr Yuki Ito in action with the LIN10 MARS.

The fact that the LIN10 MARS is based on the Ryoga 1016's platform and is only exclusively available for right-handed cranking baitcasting anglers means that I fit the bill perfectly.

Seems like Mr Yuki Ito tailored the LIN10 MARS for yours truly...




Will I answer the call?
But there are other priorities in my life.

In time to come, we shall see...






No comments:

Post a Comment