Monday 24 September 2012

Sunday Surprises

Went to the same spot again on Sunday morning.
Left behind my G.Loomis and brought along a 2pc 6.3' 10-20lb Rapala predator rod.

Reached at 6am, start casting in the darkness.
On my 3rd cast, a gentle tug was felt.
I striked and the unknown fish struggled gently.
It felt weird...

From my rod's pull, the fish felt rather big but the shakes and tugs weren't violent at all.

When it was close, the unknown fish's survival instinct suddenly kicked in and it started shaking and dashing violently!
Held on while surprised by this sudden charge of energy from that fish.

Landed it and it's a giant snakehead.




Size and weight although not astounding but decent.
Took some pics and played with it for awhile.
It's amazing that this species can still remain aggressive even after caught and it attempted to snap my hand several times.
If it's bite really connects, it will clamp shut it's jaws solidly and shake it's head until the 'meat' is torn from the main body.
One bite from this fish and I can kiss goodbye to my fingers...

The giant snakehead has a reputation of being the freshwater's alpha predator.

Released it back to the water where it should rightfully belong...
In case anyone is wondering, giant snakeheads actually have lungs enabling them to breathe air and thus, survive in stagnant water as well as long period on land.
This is unlike any other freshwater fishes where they must be put back into the water within minutes.
Realised that it's final struggles and dashes bent my treble hook.
Changed the hook and continued casting.
It's my first successfully landed giant snakehead at this spot. 
Fished for a couple more hours.
Met another hokkien speaking angler in his 40s, chatted.
Got 2 more strikes but didn't held on.
Lost 2 lures due to sangkot. Heartpain....
We exchanged contacts before parting at 9am.
Went home and bought breakfast for Ling.
################################


Used an Iphone 4 for a couple of years now.
Time to change...
Went IMM and joined the queue while Ling shopped at Daiso.
2 hours I queued to get a queue ticket.
Was told that minimum waiting time is about 4 hours but guaranteed that there will be a phone for me in the spec that I wanted.
Went home, picked up my charger and sync my phone.
Went back to IMM and shopped around until it's my turn.
Counter staff told me that they are unable to accept my Iphone 4 for trade-in because it's jailbroken.
What nonsense...
Nevermind...
I still has loyalty voucher of $50 after my 10 years with M1.
I redeemed my points for a further $25 rebate.
And after all these hassle, I finally got the overly hyped Iphone 5 with 32GB in black of course.



The LTE (4G) speed is amazing!
There's once I clocked almost 8mbps download and 7mbps upload speed last night at Ling's place.

New phone weighs significantly lighter, size not much bigger but slightly taller than 4, battery capacity is much better and processing speed is much faster. 

No jailbreaking programme released for iOS 6 yet...    :(
Will have to endure the retarded stock firmware until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment