Sunday 13 April 2014

Double Whammy


Went for a short short session with Shawn this morning as he has some family commitments.

Managed to catch one after some time of chasing it on foot:

Lure: Megabass X-140 SW


Rod: Megabass Destroyer X7 (F3-69X7)
Reel: Megabass IS 79UC Red Clutch Limited

Look at those teeth!

Soon, Shawn caught 1 too and I ran to him wanting to assist him landing it.

But the fish made a few last runs peeling out line and shook off the hook:




This lost practically ruined Shawn's mood this morning...
lol



I resumed casting after the hooha and casted into the far distant where a pod of fries were.

My lure landed directly on the fries and just when I thought I spooked the mother, my rod bent and it's fish on!

Fought it back from afar while she made her mad dashes and wild headshakes.




Images of Shawn's lost flooded my mind at that moment.

Luckily, I was able to get a proper hookset and the watermelon mama was landed:











No comments:

Post a Comment