Sunday 6 April 2014

First & Last Light With Roxy


Went to Roxy at first light with Andrew who is still hoping for his first peacock bass on lure...

He lost a take and as for me, I lost one too.

Got a decent sized spawning male on rubber and lost it as well when I was trying to lip grip it...

Went back home with mixed feelings...


##################################################


Bent on catching something with my new setup, I went back to Roxy at last light with Eugene.

This is what we achieved despite having a few misses:







As it turns out, my new setup is very sensitive.

Cranking deeper minnows require more efforts due to the high gear ratio and soft blank tip.

I still think that the G.Loomis NRX has better sensitivity than the Megabass X7.

Don't get me wrong though.
Despite this, the X7 is still one of the best rod around.

The feeling of the fight against a peacock bass on the end of the line with my new setup is nothing like before.




I shall try a giant snakehead with it soon...





No comments:

Post a Comment