Sunday 20 April 2014

Hiking Sunday


A friend told me of a long forgotten spot nearby Roxy.
Distance is far, terrain is treacherous.

And so, I went and got myself a machete.
A parang so to speak.

SOG Sogfari Machete 13" blade

Nowadays, the parang also evolved until very nice and tactical.
Unlike those in the past with wooden handles which got rusty after a few weeks.
lol

Anyway, I went alone and followed my Jason's very vague description of that place.

Trekked for some time upslope, downslope, crossed streams and hacked my way through the vegetation.

Found a long forgotten familiar PUB signage left to rust and rot in the wilderness:


An 80's looking PUB signage.

After some time of exhausting bashing, I finally gave up.

Shall come here and try again together with Jason in the near future.

I trekked back out and decided to join Eugene at Roxy who brought his friend, Khoon. 

It was I who had introduced Roxy to Eugene.
I trust that he will keep Roxy to himself and his friend.

Even if it turns out otherwise, I will not whine like a girl like some asshole did for Mozzy.
No spots can remain forever exclusive to any individuals.

Just look at Mozzy. 
Turned into a pasar malam even though I kept my promise of silence. 

Besides, there are plenty of spots out there waiting to be found.
And many more waiting for me to revisit them.


The death of a fallen tree gave life to others.

When I arrived, I noticed that the water level is still very high.

Khoon had already caught 1 before my arrival.

It seemed to be a very slow morning.

After a while, I managed to hookup one with my self-tied fly:





It's a small spawning male specimen.
After some photo raping, I let it went free.

It was then I noticed some disturbance in the shallow bank next to me.

Upon further investigation, it's a freshwater yabby.

It's strange that the yabby remained at the weed in the water even after I fooled around with it for a while, dangling my fly in front of it. 
They are usually very cautious and easily spooked, darting away at the slightest sign of abnormality.

I put my hand into the water and caught it with my hand.

The poor thing had gotten itself snagged on the weed and was unable to free itself.

I took out my pliers and cut it loose.

Took some photos of it as well:



First time I saw a yabby at Roxy.

Lucky the yabby met me today...  lol
If not it would have starved itself to death.
It must have been stucked there for ages. 

Freed the poor yabby and continued fishing.

Got another temensis on my favorite minnow:





A short while later, Eugene got himself one as well with his new reel:









No comments:

Post a Comment