Saturday 5 April 2014

So Near, Yet So Far...



The Daiwa I'ZE Factory SV 105 Shallow Spool reached my hands today.

Another step closer to perfection:



And this is the reason why the stock spool (right) must go:



Initially, I was rather worried that a golden spool might not look compatible with a matte black reel with red accents.

My worries proved to be unfounded:





Tried my Lin 10 Mars on the Destroyer X7 rod as well.
Just to see how it will look like:




The Mars is never going to be fished on this rod.
My G.Loomis NRX is where it belongs:




When are my knobs going to arrive???
Arrggghhhhhh!!!!!!


#########################################################



Days ago, I purchased a pair of really cool pliers and posted it's photo on Facebook.
My friends quickly displayed interest.

Eventually, the only 4 pieces available were purchased by us.
Shawn, Rong, Eugene and me.



Shawn was interested in my new X7 rod as well.

Found someone selling a used but mint condition one online.

Dealed on his behalf and the rod is indeed in near mint condition with slight stains on it's cork handle.
Nothing that can't be fixed.

At only SGD 450, it's a steal!

Rong is the most delighted one as the three of us have the same rod of the same specification now.

Initially, it was I who had recommended him the X7 when he wanted a Megabass rod. 

Glad to know he loves it so much that he kept persuading us to buy the X7 as well. 

Took a photo of my sets with Shawn's new rod as well.



Some issues cropped up with those black knobs I ordered...
But I have to admit that those stock cork paddle knobs grows on me slowly but surely.

At least since the spool is here now, I can start using this new setup of mine.

Loaded it with 15lb braided mainline with a 20lb Flourocarbon leader.

Hope I'll get a chance to break it in this weekend...






My knobs...

It's absence makes everything seems so near...

But yet so far...







No comments:

Post a Comment