Wednesday 12 June 2013

Blah Blah Blah

Let's start by updating bits and pieces I can still remember...


Bought these at 7seas Pro Shop, an online tackleshop based in Thailand.
They're cheaper although needs to pay extra for shipping charges.
Those IMA Sasuke on the left cost about $50 locally if I'm not wrong.
I paid for slightly over $30 each after Thai currency conversion.





Another weird species caught (although not on hook).
This poor thing hit my lure mid-air and got itself tangled in my braided line.
As it was still dark, I can only feel the hit but didn't know it was a bat until I reeled back my line.
Freed it after some photos and it took off as though nothing happened.
Glad to know that it's not harmed. Maybe just a little traumatised...



Found a new spot weeks before it suddenly turned legal.
Went there a few times a week to catch snakeheads.

Giant Snakehead 80cm @ 11lbs
Caught this good size specimen on my first recce trip there.





A few days after, Ling came along.
She's afraid of the struggling fish.



Here's another one on a different day.




Look at the price on these things.
Mind you, these are just mid-range line and lures.
Luring is an expensive hobby...




Bite marks just after one session (left).
Many lost snakeheads that day. It's difficult to hookup with surface cruisers...

Treble hook totally mangled and broken by huge Giant Snakehead (right).



I like this color!


Shimano Trinidad 14A

Sold this offshore reel after sitting it in my storeroom for ages.
Offshore just doesn't appeal to me anymore...



Daiwa Ryoga 1016H fitted with Rocket ABEC 7 bearings, RCS Carbon Crank & RCS EVA Power  knobs

Grabbed those RCS knobs at a great price!
Still waiting for Daiwa's SV spool to be launched sometime this June and my Ryoga tuning project will be completed.


Both 9lbs

Lucky morning with two 9lbs specimens landed consecutively!



A few days after...




Foul hooked some other species as well.



After a few weeks, the spot suddenly turned legal and attracted many baiters using live catfish as bait.
They managed to bag alot of Giant Snakeheads and Zebra Tilapias. Sad...
Another spot ruined by those fuckers...

Wrote in to Npark's Director:







Days later, this is the fucking stupid reply I received from them:


Giant Snakeheads are first discovered in Singapore in 1991 at Botanic garden's Swan Lake after a few swans mysteriously went missing.

Snakeheads have been in our local freshwater for at least 22 years already! 
Alien species my ass...
They certainly earned their citizenship after 2 decades living amongst us while keeping the dreaded tilapia population under control.

Today, I dare say that at least 70% of the fishes in our freshwater are 'alien'.
Then what? Kill and eradicate all of them?

Their reply is telling me indirectly that it's perfectly OKAY to have a lifeless pond since ALL the species in Kent Ridge Pond are non-native!

I seriously wonder how these people can be put in charge of our nature parks and it's wildlife...

And dragonflies... FYI, my grandmother's house in Malaysia has this dirty foul smelling drain behind which is teeming with dragonflies. Your facts are based on textbooks while mine is based on what I SEE with my own eyes and experience. Who are you trying to fool?

Really lost hope on our authorities... 
They are more concerned with getting jobs done to their superiors' expectation rather than their own conscience...

Anyway, the pond does not belong to me.
It belongs to Npark and they can do whatever they like to it.
Turn it into a fucking swamp if they want.

I'm not going back there anymore.
Seeing those baiters bagging the fishes disgust me to the max.
Maybe 1 or 2 fishes is okay but a bag full??
How the hell can they and their family finish everything?

This is only a small pond.
Fishes are getting bagged at a rate much faster than they can reproduce.



Enough with my ranting here.
Meant to post some recent updates but my blood boils up instantly while recalling this.




Fuckers........




No comments:

Post a Comment