Sunday 16 June 2013

Sunday First Light @ Spot Mozzy

Just got home from a good morning of snakehead hunting.

Went to Mozzy again with ZH.
Seems like this is turning out to be a weekly thing.
Or maybe until the heat dies down then we can consider venturing other common spots again.
PUB and Npark are still actively hunting down anglers who are fishing illegally even on weekends.

Those bastards......
When will they ever take time to really look into the cause?
When will they ever eliminate their double standards?
When will they ever learn their manners and communicate with other fellow human being with respect?

Answer is obvious: NEVER!

Anyway, enough of my endless ranting.
Shall write about the good stuff instead...

 
###################################
 
 
Arrived outside Spot Mozzy before daybreak and took this pic while waiting for ZH.
 
 
 
Weather's looking good unlike the previous couple of times we were here.
Gentle breeze, clear sky, sudden icy cold wind, shadows darting in the woods, strange feeling of being watched, hairs standing on the back of my neck, etc.
 
It's a fine morning indeed!

ZH arrived and after gearing up, we started our long trek...

While on the long walk in, we chatted:
Superman movie,
Spiderman & Superman's similarities,
Why isn't he using a multiplier?
etc.

Blah Blah Blah until we reach the spot.

Clipped on my favorite lure and started casting to wherever there's signs of disturbance on the water.

Sometime later, I saw a trail of bubbles further in the tributary beside where I was standing.
I knew that it is a large fish swimming close to the riverbed which explains the bubble trail.

Cast way behind and cranked back my lure through where the bubbles were spotted.

Suddenly, a violent pull.
I striked and it's fish-on!

Heavy weight, forceful pull, wild dashes.
Hook was firmly set and it had no chance of escape.

ZH helped lip-grip the fish and it's indeed a large specimen.

Enjoy the pics:






 
Look at it's fearsome teeth!
 
 
Giant Snakehead 12lbs @ 90cm 
 
Boga reads 12lbs
 
Looking like a water serpent


Look at how long it is!

Released it after a series of photo rape.

Realised that this bugger bent 2 of the trebles on my lure and spent the next 5 minutes changing them.
Upsized the original hooks and the lure still swims enchantingly...

Continued casting and caught another one weighing at 7lbs:

 


Giant Snakehead @ 7lb

Released.
 
Next event is a rather unfortunate one...
Happened on me alot of times but this time, it's ZH's turn.
 
He got a hookup from the tributary:


ZH fighting the snakehead
Final pic of the runaway toman
 
ZH managed to reel the fish back and just when I was about to lip-grip it, the bugger struggled and pulled.
ZH tugged the fish back once more and when I proceeded to attempt gripping it again, it gave another wild headshake.

This time, it got lucky and freed itself from the hook!
Wtf $%#%%*(*;%

Sian....
If I knew, should have taken over ZH's rod, kick his ass into the water, and ask him to catch the snakehead with his barehands himself.

At least getting wet is better than losing a good size snakehead.
Shall do that next week if he catches one again...

Resumed casting with a strange guilty feeling...
Last week, I caught 2 snakeheads: 7lb & 10lb.
Today, I caught 2 again: 12lb & 7lb.

Although I have been here before, it was on the other end of the waterbody where it is not as productive.
ZH was the one who brought me to this particular spot.

Told myself will let him fight the next fish I catch and help him land it successfully.

Someone up there (or most likely down below) heard my promise and I felt a tug at the end of my line.
I set the hook hard, walked over to ZH, took his rod, shoved him mine and took out my phone capturing these pics below:


ZH fighting the fish with my setup


Reeling it in like a pro

Yet another fine specimen
A wide smile
My photography skill is improving!  lol

ZH offered to help me take a photo of me and the fish.
Somehow, it feels not right as I'm not the one who fought and reeled the fish in.
I only helped triggered the bite, the rest is his show.

So instead, I suggested we take a pic together:

 
 
Fair and square.
But again, something about this pic doesn't seem right...
It looks kinda gayish...  lol
 
I'M NOT GAY!
Maybe he is, but certainly not me.
 
I love you, Ling.
I love you, Boyboy.
 
 
I foul hooked a baby Soon Hock as well:


Poor thing...
When I threw it back into the water, it was still alive.
Hope it'll survive...


#######################################


Reached home, showered and washed my gears, turned on computer, blogged.

Then this monster came along:

 
Sitting there beside me smiling like a weird psychopath for the next 20 minutes...
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment