Thursday 20 June 2013

Impromptu Mission


Yet again, to Spot Mozzy with ZH who took a day's leave today.

Spent last night at Ling's place, left at 5.30am, went to Tiong Bahru Plaza Mcdonald's wanting to grab a McMuffin only to find out that it only operates 24hours on weekends...

Drove with an empty stomach, reached meeting point at 6.15am, with a strong 'chao ta' smell in the morning air due to the haze.

Trekked in and started casting with the rather thick haze looming over the entire area.

Spotted some commotion in the far distant out on the main water body.
Loaded my NRX, casted out my trusted minnow, hit bullseye, all in a fluid motion...

At the very moment my lure hits the water, BOOM!

Fish On!

I set the hook twice for insurance and guided the struggling toman to the 'landing point' where ZH was already waiting with the lip-gripper.
 


Giant Snakehead 75cm @ 8lbs


Later, ZH landed his first toman of the day with the same lure but a different color:

 
6.5lbs nice coloration!
I lost a good few fishes today due to poorly set hooks.
Well, that's life......
 
Moments later, ZH got a hit again:
 
 
7.5lbs
 
While ZH was still fooling around with his 7.5lbs, I got a hookup too.
 
Guided the fish back to landing point where it gave a final struggle and made off with one of my treble hooks when it's split ring failed:
 


I can almost feel it mocking me while it glides leisurely further and further away...

Oh well... That's fishing...
Sometimes I win, sometimes the fishes do...

I lost a lure to underwater snag.
ZH lost a lure to opposite bank's vegetation.

But all in all, we had a fruitful day!

Good to see that ZH is improving on his 'toman sense'.  lol
He's now better on his spot casting rather than blindly casting all the time.

Casting accuracy still needs improvement though.

There's a formula for this:
Sniper Casting + High Toman Sense = Lord of Snakeheads

Keep it up!


##########################################
 
 
 
Went to Bugis Junction and Bugis+ with Ling where she bought 2 pairs of shoes to replace her broken ones.
 
Went Angler Outfitters to buy some egg snaps but they do not carry those which I'm using.
 
While walking back to Bugis Junction, passed by Kaiser and decided to try my luck.
 
Surprised to find what I need (VMC Dyna Snap) in this small shop.
 
Boss was kind enough to let me keep this Rapala 2013 Catalog when he spotted me browsing even though my total purchase was less than $10.
 

 
 
Not much confidence in Rapala's lures but their accessories like polarized sunglasses, pliers and luring bag are worth a look.
 
I personally own a rod by Rapala which is my favorite 2 piece rod.
 
Production for this medium-heavy spec (10-20lb line / 7-28gr lure) is extremely short, not much were produced and I'm one of the very lucky few to get my hands on it.

Those Predators in current production are of a different lighter spec (8-14lb line / 7-20gr lure).

Rapala Predator PE-C632MH:

Rapala Predator PE-C632MH

Ever since I got the G.Loomis NRX, the Predator has not seen any action at all.

Nothing beats the sensitivity of the NRX.
The feel of it is totally in a class of it's own...

Every single vibe the lure makes, every strike no matter how gentle, coupled with it's ultra sensitive rod tip, just makes it impossible for me to leave it at home...

Ok... 我又自己越讲越爽了......
hehehehehe......




No matter what, my Predator will stay with me as long as I'm still fishing and in future when circumstances forbid me to lug around a one-piece NRX, that shall be the time when my trusty Predator makes a comeback...

Till then!


No comments:

Post a Comment