Saturday 9 November 2013

MARS Broke Virgin!


Went Roxy this morning, determined to break my LIN10 MARS' virginity.

Fitted it with the RCS SV1000 spool, RCS Eva knobs and Hedgehog Studio's AIR Micro Ceramic Bearings.

Casting performance was simply marvellous...
Line was flowing out fast and smooth with a 16 gram minnow with brake set at only the 2nd notch.

Thumb control feels different and easier thanks to the MARS' smaller thumb-bar which allows more contact with the spool.

Was casting close to the adjacent banks when I felt a fish at the end of my line.

Striked and fought the fish for awhile.
Landed successfully:

3lb Speckled Peacock Bass
Lure: Duel Hardcore Lipless Minnow 120F



After the fish was landed, I played around with a variety of lures ranging from 14 grams to 28 grams.

The MARS felt good in my palm...
Together with the SV1000 spool, it is able to cast a wide range of lures effortlessly.


Was trying a soft lure on a 1/2 ounce jighead when another fish came:


My first catch on rubber!

The bite felt very different from hard-bodied lures as the line is often slack.
Happy...





And this is how my MARS lost it's virginity...



##########################################

Before going home, I went to meet Shawn to collect a brand new Megabass FX68L.
Helped Shawn to sell it off to another friend of mine.

Chatted for some time at his work place.

Found out that he's stuck with a LIN10 C due to a certain 'not steady buyer' backing out on a deal.
Decided to find a buyer to help him out of his predicament.

After I went home, I discovered this: 



Even with many perforations, the FX68's spool weighs a full 2 grams heavier than my SV1000!

What's even more shocking is that it even weighs more than a stock Ryoga 1016H's stock RCS 1016 spool (14.5 gram).


But at least the good thing is it's lighter and thinner inductor.
A signature of a long casting spool...





No comments:

Post a Comment