Saturday 16 November 2013

Tio Pang Seh Morning


Saturday first light.
Originally planned to go Banana with ZH and his friend, Daryl.

Due to some issues at the meeting point, I decided not to join them anymore and drove to another spot.
Let's just say that fishing alone is much less of a hassle.
If not, make sure that your fishing buddy is a steady one.

Never had any luck with this spot.
Went a few times before with zero catch.
Decided to try my luck there again this fine morning.

Drove there, parked, trekked in.

Because of the blah blah with ZH, I missed first light when reaching the hole.



Casted for quite awhile.
Zero action.

Surface commotion was rarely seen.

During one of the casts, something came and struck my lure.
It missed...

Quickly, I cast again towards the same direction.

It struck again.
And missed again.

A few more twitches later, it struck for the third time.

Missed...

On my third cast, the hungry (angry?) bugger struck my surface lure for the fourth time.
This time however, it connected.

I quickly set the hook and it's fish on!

Fought for awhile until it gave in.

Cichla Temensis @ 3.5lb

Lure: Showerblows Shorty




After some pictures, I released the fighter.

Missed another huge take underneath an overhung tree.
Repeated casts to the same area yielded nothing.

I spooked the fish...



Trekking back out of the forest, saw some nice sunlight rays filtering though the forest canopy:







Shall not christen this spot yet until it has proven itself to be productive in future visits.






No comments:

Post a Comment