Sunday 8 December 2013

Ang Mohs @ Roxy


From past experiences, Roxy is only productive only during late afternoons.

This morning however, I decided to give it a try (again) in the morning hours with Rong.

As usual, fishes there seemed to be avoiding surface lures for some reasons...




We tried a variety of lures in different colors and found out that only white/pearl colored ones works.

In the middle of the session, we heard faint voices far ahead in the forest.
It's strange as the spot is extremely secluded and so far, I have not encountered any other humans there.

I signaled Rong to stay quiet as I listened hard for more sounds.

Leaves rustling, voices... In the far distant...

Then suddenly, I saw a lure flying out from the forest into the waters.

Anglers...
2 of them.

Weird...
How the heck did they manage to find this spot?

Rong and I continued casting and some time later, those anglers finally reached us as they were casting along the shoreline.

2 Ang Mohs...   lol

One of them initiated conversation with me.
Rong being English illiterate, just listened and continued casting.

Ang Moh asked me how did I trek in.
I lied to him saying that I took the long way there just like he did but much earlier then them.
Seemed like it's their first time at Roxy.

During our conversation, Rong got a hit.


Took a pic for Rong with Ang Moh photo bombing in the background.    lol

Those Ang Mohs are really crazy...
By my estimate, it's at least an hour's trek through rough terrain and thick vegetation if they took the shoreline route.
Their larger physique makes jungle bashing even more difficult.

My route is already tough enough with countless fallen trees, near vertical slopes, thick undergrowth and many thorny plants.
The shoreline route is even tougher with thicker vegetation and a much much longer trek.

And I thought I was the crazy one...

They continued deeper into the area.

That's when I caught 3:





My newly acquired DRESS Grasper is a breeze to use.
Much easier than the Boga  not to mention much lighter as well.

Even it's bright red color accent matches my reel.    lol





I'm turning into a vain angler...







No comments:

Post a Comment