Monday 28 May 2012

The Magic Pan

Happy Call...
What a lame name for a cooking pan...

For some time now, Ling's been raving to me how this pan can miraculously turn anyone into skilled chefs...
How it can make cakes, bak kwa (are you serious?!) and every other dishes known to mankind.

I must confess that I'm skeptical at first despite all those tv ads and countless recipe blogs on the www.

Not anymore... I hereby stand corrected.
It is indeed a savior for those chef wannabes.

That thing can really cook!
Most importantly, it will not leave the kitchen in an oily aftermath.
Much easier to wash up too compared to a conventional pan.

Ling bought us 2 last Saturday.
1 for our home, the other one for her place.

She bought capsicums, pork, idunnowat beans, shitake and some seasonings.

I had onions, ginger, eggs and some sauces at home.

It's the first time she tried to cook for me.
Read: Tried.

Ended up we cooked together.
First time i 'shaved' a ginger...

I washed and cooked the rice while she handles the capsicums.

Ling can really beat eggs at astonishing speed!
Surprised by this feat from someone who had never cooked a proper meal before...

Onion Omelette
Dunnowat dish consisting oc capsicums, mushrooms, pork, dunnowatucallit beans
The Whole Deal
I must admit... they taste great!
Except for some minor flaws...
Undercooked rice, overcooked pork, slightly charred luncheon meat cleverly hidden from the camera in the pic above...


Nothing ends the day as perfect as a glass of ice cold gin tonic


Many laughter and silly jibes were exchanged during the process.

Happy Call has indeed provided us with a delicious dinner and cheerful evening.

It really does live up to it's name...


####################################


Sunday night... a night at Ling's place...
We made popcorn with it!


Snacked at it while watching Jeremy Wade getting his line wet somewhere in India on his endless quest for the ultimate river monster...


Next thing I need is a magic pot which can boil delicious soup at a snap of my finger...
Ling loves soup...

2 comments:

  1. A lot of magic pots in my house, no need to buy.

    I didn't buy 2 pans, Gwen Lim bought me 1, I paid for 1 =)

    The dish is call colorful veg!

    Eggs, Maggie and Bread is what I grew up with la... =P

    Why didn't you mention that my mom scared the popping? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she also warned pepper to hide...
    lol

    ReplyDelete