Friday 18 May 2012

Pub & Supper

Yesterday night was a good one...

While having dinner at my place last night, I casually asked Ling whether she feels tired or not.
She replied 'no'.

I suggested going for a drink.
She replied 'ok'.

After our shower, we went to this pub that I used to frequent.
I'm a pub person.

Upon arrival, they couldn't find my balance brandy...

Last time I went, it was about a month ago when I finished the first bottle, opened a second one, with about 3 quarters balance.

We're given complimentary drinks until the lady boss (Joey) arrive.
Ling and I talked about some unpleasant things.
Things which are better off forgotten and erased...

Note to self: Never again shall we remind each other of the unpleasant past anymore.

Anyway, Joey eventually came and together with the waiteress, searched high and low for my missing martell.

Conclusion: they gave my booze to someone named 'Ken i don't know what surname'. Previous time I went, Joey was not around and she didn't know that I have a bottle there.

She gave me a replacement bottle.
She served us freshly popped popcorn.

First time I heard Ling sang.
Ling seemed happy.

We played 'bluff'.
This is one game which I'm quite proficient at and also one which I enjoy alot.
Basically, you need abit of guts, some mind reading, planning ahead and be a good actor to win.
First couple of rounds were spent finding out what category of player Ling is.
Subsequently, I won pretty much everything...

She got amazed when someone at the table behind us looks alot like an 'older version' of her cousin BingLun.

Chatted for awhile then off we go to Lau Pa Sat for abit of munchies.
Joey promised not to misplace my bottle this time round... keeping my fingers crossed...



While at Lau Pa Sat, she's reminded of her days at Canon, debated on Hepatitis B, rising number of SMEs, argued on the original location of satay club, commented on Wendy's food, etc etc etc.


Ling is the first I allowed to use my handkerchief.

Drank, played, sang, ate, chatted and went home a happy and loving couple... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment